There are multiple benefits you can gain by whitening your teeth. Among the most important—whiter teeth can improve your self-esteem and confidence. For dating, job interviews, seminars, work and other social engagements, it helps to have white teeth. You can whiten your teeth by following these important tips:
- Brush your teeth regularly. You should brush your teeth properly twice per day to help maintain whiter teeth. We have that can guide you through how to properly brush your teeth. In addition to brushing, don’t forget to floss!
- Avoid certain foods and drinks. You can whiten your teeth by avoiding certain types of foods and drinks. For instance, coffee, red wine and cola can very easily stain your teeth. Avoid these products if you are trying to maintain white teeth.
- Avoid tobacco products. Nicotine and tar in tobacco turn your teeth a yellowish hue. There are many other oral health issues caused by tobacco, some of which are . You should avoid tobacco products at all costs if you want a healthy smile.
- Use whitening products. You can use whitening products (like toothpaste with whitening) to maintain white teeth. However, you should never solely rely on these products. Nothing you can purchase online or over-the-counter compares to receiving professional cosmetic services from a dentist. Over-the-counter whitening products are generally weaker than the products used in dental offices. If your teeth are sensitive, you should avoid using these OTC products. Consult with our San Jose Cosmetic Dentist, Dr. Lim, for further recommendations.
- See a dentist. Dental offices use certain products and procedures that can whiten your teeth more effectively than do-it-yourself techniques or over-the-counter products. Certain procedures can help keep your teeth white for a long time. Be sure to schedule follow-up appointments with your dentist to maintain your beautiful smile.
Additional Cosmetic Dentistry Services Offered By Our San Jose Cosmetic Dentist
In addition to whitening your teeth, there are other procedures that can help you obtain the perfect smile. For instance, dental crowns can help protect damaged teeth. Crowns, which consist of porcelain or metal, can protect teeth that are decayed, weak or cracked. The crowns used by Dental Smiles of Willow Glen can last for over a decade. We also provide dental bridging services, where we replace missing teeth.
Schedule an Appointment With Our San Jose Cosmetic Dentist
by exploring our website. You can schedule an appointment with our San Jose cosmetic dentist by calling (408)752-5711 or by using our online contact form. For future blog updates, be sure to like us on .